Llanes- All about Northern Spanish fooood


3 courses just cost 20 Euros X 2 persons, one of our MOST expensive meals in Llanes. With a great bottle of wine. H e a v e n.

Where the hell in Europe can you pay this price for such a great quality food?


Just eat seafood when you are near the sea, wherever you go, you can’t go wrong. :)


'Llanes was an important fishing and commercial port throughout the Middle Ages. ‘






'The social and economic life of the Llaniscan people has been linked with the sea for many centuries. “



One of the posh restaurants we went to. :)






Andaricas



Centollos (spider crabs) 



Barnacles

By chance during "XIV Jornadas Gastronómicas del Marisco" (Celebratory Days of Seafood), cuisines in town are offering the best of the best for just 4 days in the beginning of every spring.


Best lobster I've ever tasted!



During the festival, I tasted the best lobster in my life, I am not exaggerating!


As a fishing town with its beautiful horizon, Llanes is well known for their seafood dishes. Every week day around 1100-1400, fishing boats  from the Cantabrican sail back to the port with freshly caught seafood. 




I don’t normally see that activity with surroundings like that, no wonder this scene became an attraction for even some locals. Maybe for centuries ?







Do you have any romantic food experience? Where in the world did you taste that unforgettable dish? I would love to go for it!


Show Comments: OR

2 comments:

Sameera Rao said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sameera Rao said...

i love sea food most and thailand is best country to try varity of seafood with unique taste imported baby food formula online in pakistan
Neutrogena Hydro Boost in Pakistan